Chris Huntley co-developed Dramatica® over a period of fourteen years, which became the basis for the popular Writer's DreamKit™, Dramatica® Pro, and Dramatica® Story Expert software. His nearly thirty years of experience with script formatting, word processing and software development are reflected in the acclaimed Dramatica theory of story.
Read the interview with Chris Huntley on the San Diego Comic Con Unoffical Blog. Click here for the article...
IAE MagazineRead the interview with Chris Huntley in the IAE (I Am Entertainment) Magazine. Click here for the article...
Listen to the audio interview with Chris on BlogTalkRadio.com...
Dramatica Users Group: See Dramatica in action every second Tuesday of the month. Participate in person or listen via podcasts. Learn more....
For story analyses, articles, podcasts, and more, visit www.Dramatica.com.
For story analyses, articles, podcasts, and more, visit www.Dramatica.com.
- Chris Huntley presented two workshops -- Creating Unforgetable Villains, and Playwriting in the 21st Century: Tools of the Trade -- at the 3rd National Conference of the Dramatists Guild in La Jolla, CA, July 16-19, 2015.
- On February 28, 2015, Chris Huntley was one of three international judges for Filmapalooza 2015, where the best of the best of the 2014 48 Hour Film Project winners competed for top awards. He also presented two workshops -- Heroes, Villains, and Dramatica Archetypes, and Writing Action-Packed and Character-Driven Stories -- at the world famous Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA, as part of the four-day event.
- Chris Huntley was a speaker at The Big Story Writers Conference in Los Angeles. Chris' workshop, Pitchable, Sellable, Marketable: Make Your Stories Work For You, was on Saturday, February 21, 2015, 4:45pm to 6:30pm. The conference was held at L.A. Valley College, Van Nuys, CA.
- Chris Huntley was a speaker at the Great American Screenwriting Conference and Pitchfest 11. Chris' workshop, How to Get an Audience into your Main Character's Shoes, was on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM to 4:30. The workshop was at the Marriott Burbank Hotel & Convention Center, 2500 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505.
- SATE '13, Oct 3-4, Savannah, GA -- Chris Huntley of Write Brothers spoke on Storytelling at SATE '13 design conference Oct 3-4 in Savannah, Georgia Chris Huntley, Write Brothers Inc. "Storytelling" speaker, SATE '13 Experience Design conference, Oct 3-4 in Savannah, hosted by the Themed Entertainment Association and presented by Christie®. TOPIC: AIN'T NO COMPUTER TELLING ME HOW TO WRITE A STORY! Chris Huntley, Write Bros. Inc. — Since 1980, Write Bros. Inc. have pioneered the use of technology for writers and other creatives in TV, film and other venues. Their "Dramatica" story analysis software has become many writers' secret weapon; and now it's moving into even bigger applications. Company co-founder and Dramatica co-author Chris Huntley offers storytelling principles that can improve any project.
- For the fifth year in a row, Chris Huntley was a speaker at the 2013 Comic-con International in San Diego. "How to Get an Audience into your Main Character's Show," was the topic of Chris' workshop as part of Comic-con's IFF (International Film Festival and film school). For more information, go to:http://www.comic-con.org
- For the fourth year in a row, Chris Huntley was a speaker at the 2012 Comic-con International in San Diego. "How to Create Unforgettable Villains," was the topic of Chris' workshop as part of Comic-con's IFF (International Film Festival and film school). For more information, go to:http://www.comic-con.org
- InkTip Pitch Summit III was a success and Chris Huntley gave a workshop titled, "Pitchable, Salable, Marketable: Make Your Stories Work for You." The workshop was from 10:00 to 11:30 AM and was held in Executive Suite 3 at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, Burbank, CA on Friday, March 30, 2012.
- Chris Huntley was a speaker for the Scriptwriters Network. Chris' workshop, How to Get an Audience into your Main Character's Show, was on Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The workshop was held at the ShowBiz Store and Cafe, 500 S. Sepulveda, Ground Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90049.
- Chris Huntley was speaker at the 2011 Long Beach Comic & Horror Con, held at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA. Chris' panel, Writing Action Packed and Character Driven Stories, was on Saturday, October 29 at 2:00 PM. Come on by for a frightfully good time.
- Attention all dramatists! Chris Huntley gave a presentation and discussion at the Dramatists Guild of America in New York City, NY on Tuesday, November 15, 2011. The seminar was from 5:30 to 7:00 PM and was held in the Loewe Room at The Dramatists Guild of America, 1501 Broadway, Suite 701, New York, NY 10036, Phone: 212-398-9366.
- Chris Huntley presented an expert course at the InkTip Pitch Summit II from 2:30 to 7:00 PM on Friday, July 22, 2011. This intensive course was titled, "Solving Serious Story Problems," and focused on identifying and solving significant structural problems that plague writers. An emphasis was placed on practical applications and techniques for correcting these issues.
- For the third year in a row, Chris Huntley was a speaker at Comic-con International in San Diego. "How to Get and Audience into Your Main Character's Shoes," was the topic of Chris' workshop as part of Comic-con's IFF (International Film Festival and film school). 4:00-4:45, Saturday, July 23, 2011 in Marriott Hall 2, Marriott Marquis & Marina.
- 3D Movies Storytelling Development Project: Chris Huntley was one of several Hollywood Masters participating in a several month long series of workshop presented by the Storytelling Research Center, the Institute of Media Content, and Dankook University in Seoul, South Korea. Chris taught Dramatica story theory, and practical usage of Dramatica Pro and Movie Magic Screenwriter. His two-week series of lectures ran from November 15 to November 26, 2010.
- Chris Huntley was a panelist at the 2010 Austin Film Festival., October 21-24, in Austin, Texas. Chris was on the following panels:
10/22- 1:45pm-3:00pm: Austin Pitch #4
10/23- 9:00am-10:15am: Roundtable: Young Filmmakers Program
10/23- 10:45am-12:00pm: Outlines, Treatments and Log Lines
- Chris Huntley was at the 2010 New York Comic Con, October 8-10. Chris was signing books at the Write Brothers booth #2462 during the event. He also had a panel, "Writing Action Packed and Character Driven Stories." Time and date were Friday, October 8 at 2:15-3:15PM in Panel Room 5 (1A17-18).
- Chris Huntley was at the 2010 University Film and Video Conference. This year the conference was August 10-14 at Champlain College in Burlington, VT. For more information, visit UFVA.org.
- Chris Huntley hosted a panel at Comic-con International 2010. in San Diego, CA. The panel, "Writing Action Packed and Character Driven Stories," was on Saturday, July 24 from 4:00-5:00pm at Marriott Hall 1&2. Chris was also at the Write Brothers booth (#1429) signing books and answering questions.
- Chris Huntley gave two presentations at the 2010 Seattle international Film Festival. The first session was on Saturday, June 5. The second session was on Sunday, June 6.
- Chris Huntley was on two panels at the F.A.M.E LA. (Film Animation Music Entertainment) Rock'n Comic-Con, May 28-30.
- Chris Huntley was the main speaker at Screenwriting Toolbox: Concept to Completion, May 8, 2010.